To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
1. Responsible for ensuring high availability and performance of the databases that support the system.
2. Work to ensure that the associated hardware resources & daily maintenance activities allocated to the databases are occurring and enhancing performance.
3. Proactively monitor the database systems to ensure minimum downtime. Recommend and implement changes/best practices after substantial research and discussions.
4. Work with external vendors to procure system fixes, ascertain impact and implement them to the various dev/qa/test/prod systems.
5. Synchronize data across various environments to ensure data consistency.
6. Create various database processes to load data and procure data as required using scripts, queries, ssis packages and other ETL methodologies.
7. Responsible for providing trend analysis to management team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding system resources.
8. Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving SQL development issues, failed jobs and produce issue logs.
? 3+ years of in-depth SQL Server Database Administration experience.
? Experience working with multiple MS SQL 2000 & 2005 & 2008 servers involving transactional replication and heavy use of custom applications and data transformation.
? Strong knowledge of database troubleshooting, performance Tuning, Identifying hotspots, etc.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center