To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
* Evaluate new releases of OS and database software. Recover and repair data systems in the event of data corruption or system failure. Proactively schedule and facilitate necessary server upgrades to accommodate growth and ensure acceptable system performance and response times. Write Transact SQL scripts as needed.
* Participate in the analysis, design, development, documentation, testing and implementation of new data warehouse requirements. Act as a direct liaison with customers, Technical Services and developers. Provide support to department management and staff in technical, training and administrative areas. Participate in the development, revision, and implementation of policies, guidelines, standards and procedures. These include request management, project management, change management, and standardization requirements.
* Responsible for the support, maintenance and performance of weekly jobs and a monthly Data Warehouse load.
* Responsible for the support, maintenance and performance of applications used in the Finance Department (including Great Plain, FRX and Forecaster), the Human Resources department and the Help Desk.
* Monitor and keep up-to-date status/activities of all requests logged and ensure the on time delivery of performance reports and promptly address production control related issues and concern and ensure all system outages or incidents are logged, resolved and follow-up through complete resolution.
* Participate in Disaster Recovery related activities and other projects as assigned.
* Attend weekly Production Change Control meetings.
* Function as the 2nd level support for IT Help Desk.
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science or other quantitative field or equivalent working experience
* At least 3 years experience preferred in health care related data warehouse development and maintenance including data and metadata modeling, design, performance analysis and programming scripts.
* A working knowledge of MS SQL Server 2005 is required and 2008 is preferred, including SSIS.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center