To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Oracle Database Administrator
* Responsible for ensuring the availability of the production and development Oracle databases within the company’s hosting, back office and disaster recovery environments.
* Work with the infrastructure team to ensure that adequate hardware resources are allocated to the databases to ensure high availability and optimum performance.
* Work closely with the development and business team, provide leadership on database design best practices and help architect new solutions.
* Responsible for proactively monitoring and maintaining the databases to ensure availability with minimum downtime.
* Install new releases and system upgrades to the environment as well as evaluate and install patches to resolve software related problems.
* Responsible for providing trend analysis and recommendations to the infrastructure team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding architecture changes and enhancements.
* Responsible for problem escalation to the development team and third parties as appropriate.
* Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases, including rollout and upgrades.
* Primary responsibility for managing database recovery, data integrity, and data security. Also responsible for defining the operational procedures for backups, log archives, etc.
* A minimum of 7 years proven experience as an Oracle DBA.
* Proven experience of managing multiple RDBMS on large, complex systems.
* Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a database to ensure high availability.
* Experience with other database systems, preferably SQL Server.
* Practical experience in managing Oracle RAC and database replication.
* BS in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of related work experience and education. Oracle Certification preferred.
* Ability to perform logical and physical database design work, capacity planning, and definition of initial installation parameters.
* Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to debug complex data issues and environments.
* Demonstrated ability to document designs and changes to databases.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Highly motivated, detail oriented team player with a great attitude.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center