To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Clinical Database Administrator
The Clinical Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for managing the department's database systems and coordinating the development of clinical and research databases. The DBA will primarily focus on the design, creation, and user acceptance of relational EDC applications. He/she will work closely with a variety of departments to identify problems and perform modifications of existing database programs. The DBA will be well versed with Inform, Oracle, Medidata Rave, and other database design systems and will be required to design and modify relational table structure, queries, data entry interface, reports, macros, and stored procedures to ensure data accuracy and integrity. Additionally, the DBA will assist data users with ad hoc request, exporting files, creating user accounts and assigning user limits in accordance with usage policies and procedures. This position currently reports to the Manager, Clinical Programmin
A Bachelor's degree (Master's Degree preferred) in Computer Sciences or an equivalent discipline.
· 5-8 years of experience developing, validating, maintaining, and documenting clinical databases.
· 5 years SAS programming of relational databases along with SAS/Base, SAS/Macro and SAS/Access.
· A working knowledge of Inform, Oracle, Medidata/Rave, or any other EDC system.
· Proficient on standardization, design, and validation of data collection instruments including database structure, format, and content; and edit specifications.
· A thorough knowledge of medical terminology, clinical protocols, and the clinical trial data management process.
· Proficient on regulatory requirements for the pharmaceutical industry and experience in identifying and creating SOPs.
· Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to interact professionally with personnel at all levels within and external to the company, and be a dependable team player.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center