To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Database Architecture Engineer
The candidate will work within the Software Engineering team and be expected to:
· Leverage knowledge of existing database platforms and frameworks to evaluate and recommend
new technologies, including database ORM/caching layers.
adjust accordingly based on feedback and observation.
· Develop database performance benchmarks and optimize database performance through new
features/technologies and refactoring.
· Construct and maintain database upgrade and patch process in conjunction with system
· Debug complex database problems (e.g. deadlocks, etc.)
· Provide training, leadership, and mentoring to development, QA, and support personnel.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
· BS/MS in CS with 7-10+ years experience in SQL database-backed system design and architecture
· Experience with database caching/ORM technologies such as Hibernate
· Experience with distributed transaction (XA) technologies
· Experience with MySQL/InnoDB storage engine
· Experience with Java
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Desire and energy to work in a fast-paced environment – previous startup experience a plus
· A sense of humor and willingness to learn new things
Other nice to have qualifications include:
· Experience with other transactional Relational Database Management Systems
· Experience with commercial Business Intelligence solutions
· Experience with database replication environments, high-availability configurations
· Experience with techniques such as clustering and sharding
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center