To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Senior Database Administrator
* Administer enterprise production and development databases.
* Install, configure, patch, upgrade, maintain and migrate databases.
* Design, initiate, test and maintain database maintenance jobs.
* Implement and maintain a robust database disaster recovery structure, working with the Infrastructure team.
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field required.
* 8 to 10 years experience as either a senior Oracle, a senior SQL Server or a MySQL DBA.
* 6 to 8 years IT operations with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
* Either Microsoft, Oracle or MySQL Database Administrator Certification.
* Experience with more than one database a real plus.
* Experience with Cognos Data Warehouses also a plus.
* Thorough knowledge of Oracle RDBMS 9/10x environments ORMicrosoft SQL Server 2008/2005 OR MySQL 4/5x including installation, backup, restore and tuning.
* Extensive experience in database design, performance monitoring and tuning, capacity planning, database backup and recovery, and SQL statement tuning.
* Strong database disaster recovery, architecture planning, implementation experience, and troubleshooting skills.
* Strong understanding of Data Warehouse concepts and implementation, particularly using Cognos.
* Solid Windows and UNIX batch processing and shell scripting experience.
* Strong knowledge of database tuning to provide a high availability service.
* Demonstrated, in-depth knowledge of database internals and data structures.
* Expert knowledge of SQL/SQL*Plus and strong understanding of PL/SQL and stored procedures/pkgs.
* Proven experience managing the external and external database security
* Strong knowledge of UNIX shell scripting languages.
* Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices.
* Excellent time management skills and ability to balance multiple job assignments at once.
* Sufficient technical depth to communicate with development and other internal organizations at a peer level.
* A high degree of attention to detail and excellent concentration.
* Excellent judgment skills required due to possible use of confidential data.
* Ability to work independently, as well as, part of a cross-functional team.
* Ability to produce high quality work in a short period of time with little supervision.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Strong communication skills- written, verbal and presentation.
* Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
* Ability to attend training courses, learn and apply new technologies.
* Proficient use of Microsoft Office product suite.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center