To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Senior MySQL Database Administrator
(1) Experience administering different mySQL table types, especially InnoDB.
(2) Experience with MySQL replication, high performance content delivery, performance tuning/optimization (query optimization, index tuning, caching
and buffer tuning)
3) Experience with MySQL stored procedures
(4) PRODUCTION EXPERIENCE. You have worked in Production with Linux Systems in large- scale deployments.
* 5 years of experience with MySQL as a Database Administrator DBA using MySQL extensively with 3 years in a Senior Position.
* Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or Engineering (or equivalent training and experience).
* Experience administering different table types, especially InnoDB.
* Experience with MySQL replication, high performance content delivery, performance tuning/optimization (query optimization, index tuning, caching and buffer tuning)
* Experience with MySQL stored procedures
* Exceptional database design and SQL programming skills
* Production experience with Linux Systems in large-scale deployments
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to troubleshoot problems in person, over the phone, or via email
* Solid understanding and experience in disaster recovery, planning, and implementation
* Solid understanding and experience in high availability solutions, planning and implementations
* Exceptional attention to detail, process, and quality
* Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities with minimal guidance
* Intense desire to create “new and innovative” solutions
* Ability to define short, mid and long-term goals
* Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
* Production database administration skills with Sybase, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Netezza a plus
* Programming skills for Perl and shell, including database access utilities (DBI/DBD, Sybperl, etc.) a plus
* Must successfully pass a background check.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center