To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
RACLE DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
Serves as the lead Oracle DBA on a software development project that is converting several legacy Lotus Notes databases to an Oracle DBMS environment with user interfaces being developed in Ruby/Rails. The Oracle environment entails development, test, and production databases. The conversion of the legacy databases is occurring in several stages, some having already been moved from Notes to production in Oracle. Other legacy databases are in the process of being converted. The conversion process may extend for at least a year or longer, followed by full-time maintenance and upgrades. Candidate will be responsible for database design, possible upgrades from 10g to 11.x, performance monitoring and tuning, and monitoring/testing back-up and recovery processes. Candidate will be asked to mentor other team members to serve in a support capacity.
* A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
* Minimum of seven to nine years of experience, of which at least eight must be specialized in supporting an Oracle design, development, and production environment.
* Must have current experience with Oracle 10g.
* Current TS/SCI Poly+
* Masters Degree is preferred.
* Experience with Oracle 11.x, Oracle 10g Certification.
* Experience with LEI and Oracle Data Guard a plus.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center