To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Must be able to perform the configuration and setup of databases and maintain the database performance criteria.
· Must be able to perform daily/weekly monitoring of database performance.
· Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems as they arise with the database, including poor performing stored procedures or applications
· Required to do performance tuning of stored procedures.
· Ability to work with Application Developers to design databases, estimate proper table sizes, and document all aspects of the database
· Ability to create stored procedures and triggers and to assist the Application Developers with the development of optimum Oracle applications.
· Must be able to work very closely with Application Developers, Business Analysts, users and third party consultants.
· Provide support and advice regarding the utilization and access into the databases.
· Must develop a general understanding of the applications accessing the databases
· Understand and address the needs of the end user requirements for queries and access to data
· Develop and maintain proper security of the database. This includes access for changes, application access and end-user interfaces
· Maintain proper source control for all database and stored procedure changes
· Produce and maintain technical documentation for all new development, maintenance changes and upgrades
· Must have a strong commitment to maintain the security and data modeling standards set forth by the company.
· Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
· Minimum of 3 to 5 years of demonstrated experience in Oracle database administration
· Experience with working in a Web development environment is a plus.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center