To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
database administration DBA
• Perform database administration for 13 mainframe multi-user facilities (MUFs).
• Make all database changes for mainframe Officer, Enlisted, Shared databases.
• Build User requirement tables (URTs) to grant read/write access to database tables.
• Monitor database index and table growth across 13 regions.
• Monitor and analyze database environment in order to recommend and/or implement modifications to database structures to optimize performance.
• Build and execute jobs to extend/reallocate the size of the indexes and tables.
• Create scheduled jobs to load data from external sources (e.g. eMilpo).
• Create scheduled jobs to reorganize/optimize database tables.
• Provide weekly on-call list of both mainframe and client/server DBAs to HRC Technology Division.
• Assist in the redesign of all mainframe databases.
• Reload/refresh development and test regions with production data to support software development.
• Migrate CA-IDEAL programs and associated resources from development to test and production.
• Remove obsolete database structures as databases are retired or migrated.
• Maintain Database Toolset (JCL, Dataquery, PROCs, Datareporter, RPF) and SOPs.
• Provide database table, field, key and copybook reports to Army/DOD users and organizations.
• Attend Daily Coordination meetings, weekly Change Control meetings, eMilpo System Integration meetings and provide status reports.
• Attend offsite COOP (Continuity of Operations Programs) exercises and monitor its mainframe databases.
• Attend COOP IPR meetings before and after the offsite exercises.
• Provide assistance to users for database and SQL problems, questions and error conditions.
• Provide assistance to users to run database utility jobs.
• Knowledge of z/OS and mainframes to include JCL, TSO/ISPF.
• Knowledge of SYSVIEW/e for monitoring and tuning of database system buffers.
• Good coordination, conversational and writing skills.
• Must be able to work a 24X7 on-call support schedule.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center