To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Engineer Software 3 - Oracle Developer/DBA
The Oracle Developer is expected to have the basic technical qualifications necessary to fill this position. The person in this position will work with both internal and external users to understand their requirements and translate them using a combination of SQL and PL/SQL. Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must. Strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with little supervision are required. The position requires that they be responsible for analyzing and decomposing user requirements and developing them into reports with minimal defects. The applicant will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to gain access to sensitive information.
In addition, the candidate must be willing to provide support as needed in a challenging development/maintenance environment. The candidate will be responsible for but not limited to: Perform development DBA duties; Provide ad-hoc reports upon customer request; Investigating/resolving any database-related issues; develop scripts to support complex business logic; performance monitoring and tuning.
All candidates will demonstrate strong independent problem solving, troubleshooting, analytical and conceptual skills; able to manage multiple tasks and meet scheduled dates. The candidate must be able to adapt in a rapid changing environment, a fast learner and self-starter. Excellent written and communication skills and can work independently and well within groups. To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Candidates must be US Citizens who are eligible to obtain a security clearance
• Candidate must have a Bachelor Degree and a minimum of 5 years experience in Software Development. An additional 4-years experience and/or specialized training may be substituted for the degree requirement (2-years additional experience with an Associate Degree).
• A minimum of 5-years experience programming in Oracle SQL/PL-SQL
• A minimum of 4 years development experience in a CMMI Level 3 or above environment.
• A minimum of 4 years experience developing on Unix Operating Systems.
• Familiarization with Cognos Business Intelligence Software
• A minimum of 5 years experience developing against an Oracle Database.
• Travel industry experience
• Six or more years of Oracle 10/11 development experience on a Unix Operating environment
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center