To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Sr. Database Administrator
* Be responsible for analyzing business requirements; determining appropriate technical approach and developing specifications for implementation.
* Directly interact with the technical architects and drive database infrastructure solutions.
* Be expected to lead technical design activities; produce sizing estimates; consult on testing plans; and participate in all related software build and deployment activities.
* Be the primary technical staff responsible for application level operational production support.
* Work closely with the IT Operations staff to diagnose and resolve escalated technical issues in the production systems.
* Be on site during normal working hours and to provide occasional after hours 24x7 support. Remote access options are available to accommodate after hours support.
* Plans, analyzes, designs, implements, maintains, and controls the organization's databases.
* Define strategies for backups, migration of database changes, and longer term system growth
* Long term planning for scalability of the database infrastructure.
* Lead performance analysis and tuning of the databases and applications.
* Work on monitoring db systems & Applications
* Develop health checks/monitors for monitoring systems
* Maintain and improve the build, management and deployment framework and participate in the design and documentation of this environment
* Establishes and enforces all database standards. Analyzes all informational requirements of new or production systems and develops database specifications. Establishes and enforces controls to ensure database integrity.
* Additional duties as assigned
Required Experience/Skills & Education:
* BS degree or higher or equivalent
* 5+ years supporting SQL Server (upgrades, patching, mirroring, log-shipping and skilled database administration)
* Proficient in Microsoft SQL 2005, 2008
* Experience with SQL tuning and performance optimization
* Experience with multi tiered architectures, document management and workflow systems.
* Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center