To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Senior Oracle Database Administrator
Under general direction, plans complex computerized databases, including base definition, structure, documentation, long-range requirements, operational guidelines and protection. Ensures accuracy and completeness of data in master files and various support tools, such as base dictionaries. Establishes and maintains security and integrity controls. Formulates and monitors policies, procedures and standards relating to database management. Proposes and implements enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system. Responsible for maintaining and updating complex databases.
· Migration from Oracle 10gR2 on RHEL5 to 11gR2 RAC on RHEL5. This will involve extensive coordination with the AS, CTO, & HP DBAs, SaaS/eMergo, pLab, SQM, and application teams.
· Bringing all customer schemas to the same version and ensure that they remain consistent within a given environment going forward. This will require coordination with HP DBAs, SQMand application teams.
· Monitoring databases for issues and tuning opportunities.
· All data model changes.
· Development, testing and version control of all SQL scripts and PL/SQL scripts given requirements from self and/or the application development teams.
· Unit, Regression and Performance Testing.
· Performing all changes in Integration which do not require SYSDBA.
· Working with CTO/AS (Airline Solutions) DBAs for changes in Integration requiring SYSDBA.
· Submitting SRs (Service Requests) with developed scripts to HP DBAs for Certification and Production updates.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Minimum 5 years of related experience; excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Database Design: Strong knowledge of logical and physical Oracle database design including data modeling with ERwin Data Modeler.
Database Administration: Strong knowledge of system monitoring, performance tuning, security, globalization, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Data Pump, SQL*Loader, Oracle Real Application Clusters, Oracle 10gR2, Oracle 11gR2. Familiarity with physical database maintenance, back-up and recovery procedures, and upgrades.
Database Development: Strong development experience with Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, and SQL*Plus. Experience with UNIX shell scripts and creating AutoSys batch jobs.
Database Testing: Unit testing, regression testing, performance testing, test data creation
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center