To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
• Creation of logical and physical data model diagrams, ERD, and technical design documention describing data functionality to be implemented.
• Ability to articulate and discuss database architecture concepts and design documentation created with both technical and business resources in a team environment.
• Development and implementation of complex PL/SQL, logical database objects (triggers, functions, and stored procedures), and basic UNIX shell scripting for automated deployment of database object creation.
• SQL query performance tuning experience, cost based optimizer, and optimizer hints and rules.
• Automated ETL tool experience, preferrably with Data Integrator (Business Objects) and/or similar tools such as Informatica PowerCenter, Ascential Datastage, Oracle Warehouse Builder, Microsoft Integration Services (formerly DTS)
• Utilize Data Integrator automated ETL tool to design, create, and implement ETL processes for a variety of purposes including data conversion, data migration and/or system interfaces.
• Ability to establish and monitor database lifecycle standards, procedures, and practices.
• System monitoring and maintenance for system availability and integrity including backup and archiving, database recovery, disaster recovery and system response time.
• Security maintanence including creation of user files, user access administration (e.g., database roles, permissions, grants).
• Evaluates and implements new software versions to maintain optimal delivery levels, including patch installation and database upgrades. Maintains relationship with vendor technical support to ensure quick response to problems.
• Assists with capacity planning, tablespace configuration, and projects growth of disk space usage.
• Strong experience in the full development life-cycle of both OTLP and Data Warehouse projects
• Expertise in relational database design (normalized and dimensional)
* Strong oral and written communication skills and good interpersonal skills.
• Excellent technical analytical and problem solving skills.
• Experienced with software engineering lifecycle methodologies including configuration management.
• Ability to manage and coordinate work flow and handle multiple assignments.
• Must be detail-oriented and thorough.
• Team player willing to jump in and lend a hand where needed.
• Candidate must have flexibility regarding work hours, and must be able to occasionally work late and perform off-hour duties during critical project periods.
• College degree or equivalent experience. B.S in engineering, math or science a plus.
• UNIX scripting and fundamentals experience
• Oracle Enterprise Manager experience
• Business Objects Data Integrator
• ER / Studio Data Modeling tool experience
• Two or more years of experience as an Oracle DBA. Six years RDBMS experience.
• Knowledge of Insurance, specifically Workers Compensation
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center