To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Developer - Oracle/Java-110030046
* Bachelors or Master's degree in Engineering, Computer science or equivalent with relevant experience.
* Experience with Financial Services in a Trading environment is preferred
* Conceptually strong knowledge of OOAD concepts and awareness of popular OO languages like Java, C++, and C # is desired.
* Experienced in DB designs (OLTP, OLAP, DW) preferred.
* Experienced in working with diverse teams including offshore teams.
* Analyze business requirements and translate into efficient system design and implementation.
Implement software applications using relational database, data modeling and financial business knowledge.
* Write modular packages, stored procedures and functions.
* Provide ongoing development and enhancements for all components of the Database
* Performance tuning of database application. Lead and participate in design reviews and SQL tuning.
* Develop robust solution for all aspects of application data within the database, including but not limited to data load, data management, data audit, recovery.
* Review current database design and provide expert recommendations on design.
* Ensure that solution developed is scalable, and does not compromise infrastructure security nor complicate current process.
* Follow Best Practice for Database Development by developing a schema that is extensible and one that meets design for enterprise requirements of scalability, performance, resiliency, security, and manageability.
· 10+ years of overall IT experience, with over 7+ years in DB development.
· 3+ years of experience performing database architecture/design in a large production deployment environment
· 5+ years of hands-on experience as a database developer in Oracle
· In-depth knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL including tuning - Quest TOAD,PLSQL Developer, SQL Developer, Import/Export, SQL*Loader
· Hands on working experience with Oracle 10g and higher versions
· Experience working with integration/extraction of data from multiple data sources
· Support and development of PL/SQL modules, utilizing latest database techniques
· Exposure to the data architecture and standards adhered to Oracle latest versions
· Experience using/implementing Oracle Packages
· Experience using the Oracle Utilities for job scheduling, troubleshooting any performance issues and root cause analysis.
· Experience with Unix/Linux including basic commands and shell scripting (Korn, Bourne, C Shell, awk)
· Knowledge of XML and HTML
· Knowledge of open source web development
· Knowledge of Java
· Good communicator
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center