To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Jr. SQL DBA
Does working with SQL Server in a world-class production environment excite you? Does finding cool solutions to challenging technical problems make your day? Do the behind-the-scenes workings of an online gaming and entertainment service intrigue you? If so, then this may be a terrific opportunity for you!
* This position is 3rd shift, working 4, 10 hour days.
• Solid understanding of SQL technology for supported service area, strong teamwork, coordination, cross-group collaboration skills.
• Experience with SSMS (able to run scripts and output to grid, test or Excel, able to add Central Management Server)
• Ability to multitask and reprioritize work in a changing business climate.
• Excellent verbal and written communications. Good documentation skills.
• Works well in fast paced environment, works with sense of urgency on impacting incidents or change requests.
• 2-3 years related experience. Experience with SQL Server 2000/2005 on a Windows 2000/Windows Server 2003 platform supporting high availability enterprise systems
• Scripting experience
• Experience supporting SQL Server systems and applications.
• Experience with implementation and support of database replication.
• Troubleshooting skill set in SQL Server 2005 including, but not limited to: performance (blocking, query optimization), query failures (deadlocks, exceptions), distributed queries, logical and physical database design, security models.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center