To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
SQL Server DBA
* Develop and maintain peak performance within the databases, with a full scope of monitoring of standards and procedures. Research and develop new technical enhancements to improve ever-changing environments.
* Work with leadership to research, define, interpret, and analyze complex, unstructured technical database problems and recommend solutions, and implement them.
* Understand and translate the data models of the Legacy system to modify the proposed model to fit the business needs.
* Create and maintain data model using ERwin data modeler.
* Analyze long running queries and tune the same for optimum performance.
Typically a technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 8 years of related experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 8 years of experience.
* Minimum of seven years SQL Server DBA experience in a medium to large environment.
* Minimum of five years experience with SQL Server 2000
* Minimum of three years experience with SQL Server 2005
* Minimum 2 years of parallel experience in setting up and maintaining production SQL Server 2008
* Ability to code Powershell Scripts
* Excellent professionalism, communication, and interpersonal skills
* Able to gather requirements and work directly with customers
* SQL and relational DBMS knowledge, including data modeling and ERD
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center