To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Responsible for installing and maintaining DB2 running on the IBM Mainframe, UDB running on Suse Linux and related software products while ensuring the highest levels of availability, reliability, and scalability. Provide support, analysis, and problem resolution for operational and performance related issues. Participate in the design of efficient database schemas.
- Installs, maintains and supports DB2, DB2 LUW, and related ISV products.
- Manages and maintains the development, test, and production DB2 environments.
- Develops and maintains operational procedures and standards needed to effectively and efficiently operate the
- Interfaces with software vendor representatives as needed to support and develop products
- Analyzes and corrects any failures of DB2 nightly batch jobs.
- Assists with application performance and tuning for specific applications.
- Assists developers with debugging of Stored Procedures and Triggers.
- Performs SQL analysis.
- Monitors all jobs related to database reorganizations.
- Maintains complete records of databases, tables, records, etc.
- Works with Security groups to insure proper DB2 authorizations are in place.
- Maintains elements, records, rows, tables, views and other entities.
- Coordinates naming of elements to ensure naming standards are followed and created for all entities in the dictionary/catalog.
- Knowledge of one or more applications.
- Knowledge of z/OS operating systems.
- Knowledge of Suse Linux operating system.
- Knowledge of database systems, catalogs and access methods.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to troubleshoot.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and plan work.
- Ability to organize, prepare and present data.
- Ability to advise and interpret on application of policies, procedures, and standards involving programming needs.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center