To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
SQL Sever Database Administrator
* Identify potential service-level problems before they occur
* Plan and design new SQL Server implementations, including database definition, structure, documentation, and long-range requirements.
* Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to perform in all of the basic database management skills of database administration, web connectivity, physical structure, overall architecture, and database analysis.
* Design storage strategies and establish standards for complex database environments, physical structures, and specialized database applications.
* Provide standardization and consistency across environments.
* Ensure a stable and secure database environment.
* Apply database management consulting skills and gathers user requirements.
* Provide on-call support and answer severity calls, problem resolution.
* Design, implement, and monitor database functionality to ensure stable environments.
* Uphold enterprise policy guidelines and recommend new and improved guidelines.
* Identify and initiate resolutions to user problems and concerns associated with database server equipment (hardware and software).
* Reviews the work of others.
* Develops innovative approaches.
* Sought out as expert.
* Serves as a leader/ mentor.
* 5+ years experience with SQL Server 2000, 2005, and/or 2008
* 3+ years experience with SQL Server DBMS and DB monitoring and tuning
* 3+ years experience with server optimization and consolidation
* 3+ years experience with the Windows Server platform
* High School Diploma or GED with 4+ years experience in a comparable role OR Bachelor's Degree required
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center