To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Oracle Database Administrator
• Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the databases that support the system.
• Work with the team to ensure that the associated hardware resources allocated to the databases and to ensure high availability and optimum performance.
• To proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime.
• Responsible for providing trend analysis to management team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management.
• Responsible for problem escalation to Programming teams and third parties as appropriate.
• Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout and upgrades.
• Responsible for implementation and release of database changes as submitted by the development team.
• Responsible for implementing and following change control, testing and programming policies and procedures.
• Maintain documentation on databases including: ERD, DB Scripts, Meta Data.
• Evaluate, install, test and implement new hardware and software for data servers.
• Support existing and new applications.
• Preferred 2-4 years Oracle Database Administration and Support experience.
• Experience of managing multiple RDBMS on large systems.
• Experience of working in a team that delivers a high availability service.
• Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high availability service.
• Experience with hardware installations and upgrades.
• Experience with performance monitoring, stats, reorganizations.
• Experience with backup and recovery of large databases.
• Experience of other database systems, preferably SQL Server.
• Practical experience in managing internal and external database security.
• Oracle Certification or equivalent experience.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center