To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Senior Database Administrator
* Manage and support academic, government or commercial databases within the Managed Hosting environment
* Provide support and maintenance for a very large number of complex Oracle database systems in a multi-platform 24x7 environment.
* Perform Oracle database installation & upgrade, backup & recovery, performance analysis & tuning.
* Design and implement a procedure for monitoring a very large number of database systems to proactively address potential problems in terms of stability, security, and performance.
* Prepare step-by-step instruction for junior database administrator to deploy changes on production database systems.
* Provide on-call support for production database systems after hours and on weekends.
* Design, document, and develop tools, scripts, processes, and standard operating procedures for improving operation efficiency.
* Bachelors in Computer Science or related area of study required. Masters degree preferred.
* Oracle 9i and 10g certifications preferred.
* Experience in Shell and Perl programming.
* Experience in system administration, specifically UNIX, LINUX, and Solaris.
* Experience in large n-tier 24x7 production environments.
* 5+ years of database experience including …
* Performing database server installations and upgrades.
* Applying Oracle software patches.
* Setting up standby database servers and Real Application Clusters
* Performing backup and recovery using RMAN and import & export tools.
* Installing and setting up Oracle Enterprise Manager and Intelligent Agent.
* Defining and measuring performance goals and metrics.
* Performing trend analysis and capacity planning.
* Troubleshooting performance problems.
* Developing automation scripts for monitoring and maintaining the databases.
* Designing relational database schema using normalization principles.
* Writing and debugging PL/SQL scripts and stored procedures
* Writing operational guidelines and step-by-step instructions for the team to follow.
* Ability to learn quickly and gain expertise in applications running on the databases.
* Excellent (oral and written) communication and interpersonal skills.
* Strong knowledge of database concepts and Oracle architectures.
* Some international travel required, must have valid passport
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center