To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Senior Software Engineer - Database Architect
* Develops module designs based on functional requirements.
* Communicates designs in written form, and leads design reviews to solicit feedback and share best practices.
* Mentors and provides technical assistance to more junior developers.
* Designs, implements and supports software algorithms of significant size and complexity, including definition and validation of prototypes.
* Designs, documents and creates unit and component tests.
* Quickly understands and takes ownership of existing code.
* Understands the relationship between good design and business value.
* Documentation: Produces sufficient documentation to facilitate communication with members of both technical and business teams.
* Project Assessment: Quickly and accurately analyzes medium-scale project requests for feasibility, risk, and level of effort.
* Maintenance: Participate in the resolution of challenging and demanding problems within the development environment.
* Code Reviews: Able to lead code reviews and provide valuable feedback on performance, logic, and maintenance issues.
* Innovation: Actively contributes to lessons-learned exercises for completed projects. Suggests new technologies and approaches, often demonstrating and championing their use.
* Design database applications such as interfaces, data transfer mechanisms, global temporary tables, data partitions, and function-based indexes to enable efficient access of the generic database structure.
* Design databases to support business applications, ensuring system scalability, security, performance and reliability.
* Develop data models for applications, metadata tables, views or related database structures.
* Develop load-balancing processes to eliminate down time for backup processes.
* Develop or maintain archived procedures, procedural codes, or queries for applications.
* Develop and document database architectures.
* Develop database architectural strategies at the modeling, design and implementation stages to address business or industry requirements.
* Collaborate with system architects, software architects, design analysts, and others to understand business or industry requirements.
* Create and enforce database development standards.
* Demonstrate database technical functionality such as performance, security, and reliability.
* BS degree in computer science
* 7-10 years of experience
* Windows server development using C++ is a MUST
* Has extensive knowledge in and can mentor others in the best practices for secure software development.
* Has a demonstrable understanding of the software development lifecycle Identify and implement processes to strengthen, streamline, and auto Application development and design experience for XML based applications using object-oriented methodologies
* Strong object oriented design and analysis skills
* Strong C++, familiarity with template classes such as Rogue Wave tools/STL and SQL language
* Prior experience with UNIX/Linux/Windows
* Strong ability to learn new technologies in a short time
* Must have good oral/written communication skills
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center