To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Sr. Database Administrator
* 8-10 yrs related database admin including data/process analysis, backup and recovery, and Sybase DBAS, SQL 2005/2008 installation on cluster experience.
* Analyzes and designs data and process models, logical databases and physical database definitions.
* Designs, implements and maintains databases and database support tools in the development, testing and production environments.
* Conducts performance and tuning reviews for improvements to large and complex databases.
* Leads the creation, maintenance and monitoring of backup and recovery systems, distributed data systems, user permissions and archiving systems.
* Develops alternative solutions to complex and conflicting requirements for logical models and physical databases.
* Participates in model integration and convergence activities.
* Provides database expertise in the development, implementation, communication and maintenance of the corporate data architecture, and of data management standards and conventions.
* Leads and/or participates in the development of project estimates, plans, and timetables.
* Provides technical support and training and acts as mentor to data administration team members.
* Provides data element naming consistent with standards and conventions and ensures that data dictionaries are maintained across multiple computing environments.
* Works closely with data architects and administrators on the design and implementation of databases.
* Bachelor*s degree or equivalent experience.
* Previous (5-7 years) related database administration experience including data/process analysis, backup and recovery, and SQL programming.
* Previous experience working in a UNIX and/or Windows environment, as well as, operating system specific scripting and execution.
* In-depth knowledge of the causes and remedies of performance issues in a database from a SQL, SQL coding, and RDBMS perspective.
* Expert understanding of the database systems design and development process and its relationship to the needs of the business.
* Thorough knowledge of data and process analysis and data base development technologies and tools.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center