To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
SQL Server DBA
• Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the databases that support the system.
• Work to ensure that the associated hardware resources allocated to the databases and to ensure high resilience and performance tuning.
• To proactively monitor the database systems to ensure services with minimum downtime.
• Responsible for providing trend analysis to management team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management.
• Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving of SQL development.
• Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout and upgrades.
• Responsible for implementation and release of database changes according to agreed timescales.
• Analyze, consolidate and tune database for optimal efficiency
• Restore and recover corrupted databases
• Install and test upgrades and patches
• Implement security and encryption
• Provide 24/7 support for critical situations
• Evaluate and recommend new database technologies
• Must have a minimum of 5 years Microsoft SQL Server experience
• Extensive experience working with SQL Server 2008
• Some hands on experience with SQL Server 2000
• Experience with VMware
• Experience in a SAN environment (preferably NetApp)
• Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices
• Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• Technical documentation skills
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center