To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Senior Database Administrator (DBA)
• Design and implement the tooling necessary to monitor key performance indicators based on customer and business requirements
• Proactively monitors and analyzes various performance indicators resulting in recommendations and guidance that improves overall database availability, scalability and performance.
• Works closely with technical and client management to design and implement data bases and data base support tools in support of complex business application development requirements and processes (e.g., diverse development platforms, technological environments, software, hardware, tools, etc.).
• Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective data base solution for the systems design.
• Develops standards and procedures affecting data base management, design and maintenance. Establishes and maintains data bases for user tests and production purposes.
• Trains user groups on procedures and standards.
• Provides highly technical consulting and leadership in identifying and implementing new data base alternatives which assist the functional business units in meeting their strategic objectives.
• Performs related duties as assigned or requested
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar field, or comparative experience.
4+ years of Progress OpenEdge database experience specifically with Progress 10.2a or 10.2b
4+ years of database physical design and tuning
2+ years experience with OpenEdge Management
2+ years of database performance engineering and design
Experience with, and a deep understanding of, Progress OpenEdge database internals, configurations and storage solutions
4+ years of working in the UNIX environment
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center