To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Sr. SQL Database Administrator
*Managing and maintaining various, complex production and non-production databases.
* Responsible for standards and design of physical data storage, maintenance, access, and security administration.
* Optimizing database access and allocating/re-allocating database resources for optimum configuration, database performance and cost.
* Installing, upgrading, refreshing and maintaining all database environments.
* Responsible for the day to day database administrative tasks, such as: proactive monitoring, error checking, performance tuning, trouble-shooting, back-up and recovery.
* Collaborating with project teams to set up database, DB interface, and production set-up and configuration.
* Managing user security and access to databases to provide controlled access environment.
* Investigating, reviewing, applying and testing all patches and bug fixes in the database environment and providing consultation on patch management, custom interface design and operational implementation.
* Interacting with developers and programmers in order to design/review programs, custom interfaces and queries according to standards.
* Bachelor’s degree preferred.
* 5 to 7+ years’ experience of Database Administration, Database Design, Performance Analysis, and Production Support
* Preferred industry related certifications
* Expert knowledge of Microsoft SQL 2000/2005 or greater, 2005+ preferred
* Expert knowledge in installation, backup, and restoring of SQL databases
* Strong database administration skills with an emphasis on enterprise scale architecture
* Expert knowledge of database security methodologies. Including SQL security, mixed security, server roles, and database roles
* Strong knowledge of Data Management Tools SSIS, SSAS, DTS, and SSRS
* Strong understanding of business continuity and disaster recovery processes and procedures
* Strong knowledge of clustering and replication
* Strong knowledge of import, export, and bulk copy processes
* Ability to use Microsoft tools to troubleshoot performance related issues
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center