More DBA job interview questions and answers at
(Continued from previous question...)
How do you handle pressure?
Another common interview question, asked to find out how well you can handle on-the-job stress.
So do not say anything like:
* I dislike stress and cannot perform well under pressure. All organisations work with deadlines and at times there will be a crucial need to work under pressure. This is the reason why most interviewer's ask this question.
It is safe to say:
* First, I understand why there is a need to complete the given task at hand with in so less time and react to situations, rather than to stress. That way, the situation is handled and doesn't become stressful.
* I actually work better under pressure and I've found that I enjoy working in a challenging environment.
* Prioritizing my responsibilities so I have a clear idea of what needs to be done when, has helped me effectively manage pressure on the job.
* If the people I am managing are contributing to my stress level, I discuss options for better handling difficult situations with them.
(Continued on next question...)