More DBA job interview questions and answers at
(Continued from previous question...)
Why should we hire you?
This is another common question asked in your interview. This question deals with your ability to market yourself with the experience and skills you have.
The interviewer is asking this question to find out how can your skills and experience be a value add for the job you are being interviewed for.
Answers that would get the interviewer's attention:
* I have three years of experience in this technology and my skills enables me to develop better products in less time
* I have what it takes to fill the requirements of this job - solve customer problems using my excellent customer service skills.
* I have the experience and expertise in the area of customer support that is required in this position.
This is a time to let the interviewer know what YOU can do for them and why they should listen to what you have to offer. The more detail you give the stronger your answer will be. This is not a time to talk about what you want. It is a time to summarize your accomplishments and relate what makes you unique and therefore a viable fit for this position.
Look at the job description. Find out requirements of the job? Make a list of these requirements. List your skills and think of two or three key qualities you have to offer that match each requirement that the employer is seeking.
Other ways of asking the same question:
* What can you bring to this position?
* What can you bring to the table if selected?
* Why do you think you are qualified for this job?
(Continued on next question...)