More DBA job interview questions and answers at
(Continued from previous question...)
INTERVIEWS FOR SCIENCE JOBS: WHAT SKILLS DO SCIENTISTS NEED?
Here is a list compiled by one major pharmaceutical company:
* Presentation skills
* Computing Skills
* Time Management/organising skills
* People skills
* Report writing/documentation of experiments
* Laboratory experience
* Problem solving skills
* Ability to work on your own initiative, without constant supervision.
Scientific interviews in a laboratory environment may sometimes be "on the hoof" - informal whilst being shown round the lab. Make sure you have revised your project because questions will come from that.
Employers will be looking to see how you can talk about and demonstrate these skills at your interview. The sort of evidence you could offer includes:
* CO-OPERATING: working together on a field trip.
* WRITING a report from a placement.
* PLANNING a holiday round Europe.
* PRESENTING: delivering experimental results to your seminar group.
* ANALYSING data from a project.
(Continued on next question...)