More DBA job interview questions and answers at
(Continued from previous question...)
Microsoft Interview questions in Technical Round
* Design a cellphone for a blind person.
* Design a music system for a car. What are the features? Draw a picture.
* Design a GPS navigation unit for a hiker
* Design a communication device for Canadian park rangers.
* Design a remote control for an automatic window-blind system.
* Design TV Remote Control with Two Buttons.
* Design a coffee maker that will be used by astronauts.
* Design an alarm clock.
* Design an alarm clock for a blind person.
* Design a search function
* Design a website for a library
* Design an ATM for children
* What method would you use to look up a word in a dictionary?
* What are examples of poorly designed software?
* Design an instant messaging system.
* I am your grandmother. Describe what MATLAB is to me.
* How would you explain what a database is to a 5-year-old?
* How would you explain computer networking to a kindergarten kid?
* What is your favourite software, and how would you improve it?
* Write code for an electronic messaging board. What happens when a user logs on?
* Develop an algorithm for selecting objects in Visio.
* Tell me about a time when you made a decision and later found out that it was incorrect. What did you do to resolve the issue?
* Suppose you are one week away from the product shipping date and discover a bug in your software. What do you do?
* You have a linked list and don't know how long it is; how do you find the middle of it?
* How would you test a keyboard?
* How would you test a pen?
* Write code for finding a duplicate in an array.
* Write code that returns the length of a string without using any built-in functions.
* Reverse a Singly Linked List with and without using Recursion.
* Determine if a Binary Search Tree is well formed.
* Reverse every word in a String (abc def becomes cba fed).
* Write a function that returns the angle between the hour and the minute hands of a clock, given input of the time.
* Write a function that takes a string consisting of numeral characters and returns all possible alpha character strings of same length as input that correspond to the keypad of a typical telephone.
* Imagine you have a closet full of shirts. Itís very hard to find a shirt. So what can you do to organize your shirts for easy retrieval?
* How would you test an elevator?
* How would you test a vending machine?
* How would you test a program that takes in two points and outputs the distance between the two points?
* Test the Windows scroll bar.
* Switch every pair of words in a string ("ab cd ef gh" becomes "cd ab gh ef")
* Write the function for strstr function (finding a substring inside a string)
* Reverse the order of words in a string ("ab cd ef gh" becomes "gh ef cd ab")
* Write the function for string comparison. How would you test it?
* Write a function to zero all duplicate values in an integer array. How would you test it?
* Write a function that compares two strings and returns a third string containing only the letters that appear in both.
* Find cycles in a singly linked list, using minimal storage.
* Shift all elements of a circular array by k bytes, using no extra memory.
* For an array of size n, print all pairs that add to k. (then, do the same thing with a sorted array)
(Continued on next question...)