DataBase Administrator (DBA) Interview Questions and Answers
(Continued from previous part...)
252. What is trigger associated with the timer?
253. What are the trigger associated with image items?
When-image-activated fires when the operators double clicks on an image itemwhen-image-pressed fires when an operator clicks or double clicks on an image item
254. What are the different windows events activated at runtimes?
When_window_activated When_window_closed When_window_deactivated When_window_resized Within this triggers, you can examine the built in system variable system. event_window to determine the name of the window for which the trigger fired.
255. When do you use data parameter type?
When the value of a data parameter being passed to a called product is always the name of the record group defined in the current form. Data parameters are used to pass data to produts invoked with the run_product built-in subprogram.
256. What is difference between open_form and call_form?
When one form invokes another form by executing open_form the first form remains displayed, and operators can navigate between the forms as desired. when one form invokes another form by executing call_form, the called form is modal with respect to the calling form. That is, any windows that belong to the calling form are disabled, and operators cannot navigate to them until they first exit the called form.
257. How would you change all occurrences of a value using VI?
258. Give two UNIX kernel parameters that effect an Oracle install
SHMMAX & SHMMNI
258. Briefly, how do you install Oracle software on UNIX.
Basically, set up disks, kernel parameters, and run orainst.
259. What is the diff. when confine mode is on and when it is off?
When confine mode is on, an object cannot be moved outside its parent in the layout.
(Continued on next part...)