DataBase Administrator (DBA) Interview Questions and Answers
(Continued from previous part...)
411. What are the two panes that Appear in the design time pl/SQL interpreter?
Source pane, interpreter pane
412. What are the two ways by which data can be generated for a parameters list of values?
Using static values, writing select statement.
413. What are the various methods of performing a calculation in a report?
Perform the calculation in the SQL statements itself, use a calculated / summary column in the data model.
414. What are the default extensions of the files created by menu module?
415. What are the default extensions of the files created by forms modules?
.fmb - form module binary .fmx - form module executable
416. It is possible to use raw devices as data files and what is the advantages over file system files?
Yes. The advantages over file system files. I/O will be improved because Oracle is bypassing the kernel when writing to disk. Disk Corruption will decrease.
417. What are disadvantages of having raw devices?
We should depend on export/import utility for backup/recovery (fully reliable) The tar command cannot be used for physical file backup, instead we can use dd command which is less flexible and has limited recoveries.
418. What is the significance of having storage clause?
We can plan the storage for a table as how much initial extents are required, how much can be extended next, how much % should leave free for managing row updations etc.,
419. What is the use of INCTYPE option in EXP command?
Type export should be performed COMPLETE, CUMULATIVE, INCREMENTAL. List the sequence of events when a large transaction that exceeds beyond its optimal value when an entry wraps and causes the rollback segment to expand into a notion Completes. e. will be written.
(Continued on next part...)