DataBase Administrator (DBA) Interview Questions and Answers
(Continued from previous part...)
270. What is the purpose of the product order option in the column property sheet?
To specify the order of individual group evaluation in a cross products.
271. What is the use of image_zoom built-in?
To manipulate images in image items.
272. How do you reference a parameter indirectly?
To indirectly reference a parameter use the NAME IN, COPY ‘built-ins to indirectly set and reference the parameters value’ Example name_in (’capital parameter my param’), Copy (’SURESH’,'Parameter my_param’)
273. Is it possible to insert comments into sql statements return in the data model editor?
274. Is it possible to disable the parameter from while running the report?
275. When a form is invoked with call_form, Does oracle forms issues a save point?
276. Can a property clause itself be based on a property clause?
277. What is a timer?
Timer is an “internal time clock” that you can programmatically create to perform an action each time the times.
278. What are the two phases of block coordination?
There are two phases of block coordination: the clear phase and the population phase. During, the clear phase, Oracle Forms navigates internally to the detail block and flushes the obsolete detail records. During the population phase, Oracle Forms issues a SELECT statement to repopulate the detail block with detail records associated with the new master record. These operations are accomplished through the execution of triggers.
(Continued on next part...)