DataBase Administrator (DBA) Interview Questions and Answers
(Continued from previous part...)
383. What is bind reference and how can it be created?
Bind reference are used to replace the single value in sql, pl/sql statements a bind reference can be created using a (:) before a column or a parameter name.
384. What are the triggers available in the reports?
Before report, Before form, After form , Between page, After report.
384. Give the sequence of execution of the various report triggers?
Before form , After form , Before report, Between page, After report.
385. Why is a Where clause faster than a group filter or a format trigger?
Because in a where clause the condition is applied during data retrieval, then after retrieving the data.
386. Why is it preferable to create a fewer no. of queries in the data model?
Because for each query, report has to open a separate cursor and has to rebind, execute and fetch data.
387. Where is the external query executed at the client or the server?
At the server.
388. Where is a procedure return in an external pl/SQL library executed at the client or at the server?
At the client.
389. What is coordination Event?
Any event that makes a different record in the master block the current record is a coordination causing event.
390. What is the difference between OLE Server & OLE Container?
An Ole server application creates ole Objects that are embedded or linked in ole Containers ex. Ole servers are ms_word & ms_excel. OLE containers provide a place to store, display and manipulate objects that are created by ole server applications. Ex. oracle forms is an example of an ole Container.
391. What is an object group?
An object group is a container for a group of objects; you define an object group when you want to package related objects, so that you copy or reference them in other modules.
(Continued on next part...)