DataBase Administrator (DBA) Interview Questions and Answers
(Continued from previous part...)
288. Lot of users are accessing select sysdate from dual and they getting some millisecond differences. If we execute SELECT SYSDATE FROM EMP; what error will we get. Why?
No error message indication will be there.
289. Give two methods you could use to determine what DDL changes have been made.
You could use Logminer or Streams
290. What are the types of calculated columns available?
Summary, Formula, Placeholder column.
291. Explain about stacked canvas views?
Stacked canvas view is displayed in a window on top of, or “stacked” on the content canvas view assigned to that same window. Stacked canvas views obscure some part of the underlying content canvas view, and or often shown and hidden programmatically.
292. What are the built_ins used the display the LOV?
293. What is the difference between SHOW_EDITOR and EDIT_TEXTITEM?
Show editor is the generic built-in which accepts any editor name and takes some input string and returns modified output string. Whereas the edit_textitem built-in needs the input focus to be in the text item before the built-in is executed.
294. What are the built-ins that are used to Attach an LOV programmatically to an item?
set_item_property get_item_property (by setting the LOV_NAME property)
295. How do you call other Oracle Products from Oracle Forms?
Run_product is a built-in, Used to invoke one of the supported oracle tools products and specifies the name of the document or module to be run. If the called product is unavailable at the time of the call, Oracle Forms returns a message to the operator.
296. What is the main diff. bet. Reports 2.0 & Reports 2.5?
Report 2.5 is object oriented.
297. What are the different file extensions that are created by oracle reports?
Rep file and Rdf file.
(Continued on next part...)