DataBase Administrator (DBA) Interview Questions and Answers
(Continued from previous part...)
402. What is a property clause?
A property clause is a named object that contains a list of properties and their settings. Once you create a property clause you can base other object on it. An object based on a property can inherit the setting of any property in the clause that makes sense for that object.
403. What is a physical page? What is a logical page?
A physical page is a size of a page. That is output by the printer. The logical page is the size of one page of the actual report as seen in the Previewer.
404. What does the term panel refer to with regarda to pages?
A panel is the number of physical pages needed to print one logical page.
405. What is a master detail relationship?
A master detail relationship is an association between two base table blocks- a master block and a detail block. The relationship between the blocks reflects a primary key to foreign key relationship between the tables on which the blocks are based.
406. What is a library?
A library is a collection of subprograms including user named procedures, functions and packages.
407. How can a group in a cross products be visually distinguished from a group that does not form a cross product?
A group that forms part of a cross product will have a thicker border.
408. What is the frame & repeating frame?
A frame is a holder for a group of fields. A repeating frame is used to display a set of records when the number of records that are to displayed is not known before.
409. What is a combo box?
A combo box style list item combines the features found in list and text item. Unlike the pop list or the text list style list items, the combo box style list item will both display fixed values and accept one operator entered value.
410. What are three panes that appear in the run time pl/SQL interpreter?
Source pane, interpreter pane, navigator pane.
(Continued on next part...)