DataBase Administrator (DBA) Interview Questions and Answers
(Continued from previous part...)
420. What is the use of FILE option in IMP command?
The name of the file from which import should be performed.
421. What is a Shared SQL pool?
The data dictionary cache is stored in an area in SGA called the Shared SQL Pool. This will allow sharing of parsed SQL statements among concurrent users.
422. What is hot backup and how it can be taken?
Taking backup of archive log files when database is open. For this the ARCHIVELOG mode should be enabled. The following files need to be backed up. All data files. All Archive log, redo log files. All control files.
423. List the Optional Flexible Architecture (OFA) of Oracle database? How can we organize the tablespaces in Oracle database to have maximum performance?
1. SYSTEM - Data dictionary tables.
424. How to implement the multiple control files for an existing database?
1. Shutdown the database
425. What is advantage of having disk shadowing/ Mirroring?
Shadow set of disks save as a backup in the event of disk failure. In most Operating System if any disk failure occurs it automatically switches over to a working disk. Improved performance because most OS support volume shadowing can direct file I/O request to use the shadow set of files instead of the main set of files. This reduces I/O load on the main set of disks.
426. How will you force database to use particular rollback segment?
SET TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK S
(Continued on next part...)