DataBase Administrator (DBA) Interview Questions and Answers
(Continued from previous part...)
68. Which date function returns number value?
69. Any three PL/SQL Exceptions?
Too_many_rows, No_Data_Found, Value_Error, Zero_Error, Others
70. What are PL/SQL Cursor Exceptions?
71. Other way to replace query result null value with a text
SQL> Set NULL ?N/A?
72. What are the more common pseudo-columns?
SYSDATE, USER , UID, CURVAL, NEXTVAL, ROWID, ROWNUM
73. What is the output of SIGN function?
1 for positive value,
74. What is the maximum number of triggers, can apply to a single table?
75. What is a database instance? Explain.
A database instance (Server) is a set of memory structure and background processes that access a set of database files. The processes can be shared by all of the users.
76. What is Parallel Server?
Multiple instances accessing the same database (only in multi-CPU environments)
(Continued on next part...)