DataBase Administrator (DBA) Interview Questions and Answers
(Continued from previous part...)
334. What is synchronize?
It is a terminal screen with the internal state of the form. It updates the screen display to reflect the information that oracle forms has in its internal representation of the screen.
335. What use of command line parameter cmd file?
It is a command line argument that allows you to specify a file that contain a set of arguments for r20run.
336. What is a Text_io Package?
It allows you to read and write information to a file in the file system.
337. What is forms_DDL?
Issues dynamic Sql statements at run time, including server side pl/SQl and DDL
338. How is link tool operation different bet. reports 2 & 2.5?
In Reports 2.0 the link tool has to be selected and then two fields to be linked are selected and the link is automatically created. In 2.5 the first field is selected and the link tool is then used to link the first field to the second field.
339. What are the different styles of activation of ole Objects?
In place activation, External activation
340. How do you reference a Parameter?
In Pl/SQL, You can reference and set the values of form parameters using bind variables syntax. Ex. PARAMETER name = ‘’ or :block.item = PARAMETER Parameter name
341. What is the difference between object embedding and linking in Oracle forms?
In Oracle forms, Embedded objects become part of the form module, and linked objects are references from a form module to a linked source file.
342. Name of the functions used to get/set canvas properties?
343. What are the built-ins that are used for setting the LOV properties at runtime?
(Continued on next part...)