DataBase Administrator (DBA) Interview Questions and Answers
(Continued from previous part...)
374. How can values be passed between precompiler exits & Oracle call interface?
By using the statement EXECIAFGET & EXECIAFPUT.
375. How can a square be drawn in the layout editor of the report writer?
By using the rectangle tool while pressing the (Constraint) key.
376. How can a text file be attached to a report while creating in the report writer?
By using the link file property in the layout boiler plate property sheet.
377. How can I message to passed to the user from reports?
By using SRW.MESSAGE function.
378. How is possible to restrict the user to a list of values while entering values for parameters?
By setting the Restrict To List property to true in the parameter property sheet.
379. How can a button be used in a report to give a drill down facility?
By setting the action associated with button to Execute pl/SQL option and using the SRW.Run_report function.
380. How can a cross product be created?
By selecting the cross products tool and drawing a new group surrounding the base group of the cross products.
381. What are different types of images?
Boiler plate images, Image Items
382. What is the difference between boiler plat images and image items?
Boiler plate Images are static images (Either vector or bit map) that you import from the file system or database to use a graphical elements in your form, such as company logos and maps. Image items are special types of interface controls that store and display either vector or bitmap images. Like other items that store values, image items can be either base table items (items that relate directly to database columns) or control items. The definition of an image item is stored as part of the form module FMB and FMX files, but no image file is actually associated with an image item until the item is populate at run time.
(Continued on next part...)