DataBase Administrator (DBA) Interview Questions and Answers
(Continued from previous part...)
44. How do you add a data file to a tablespace?
ALTER TABLESPACE ADD DATAFILE <datafile_name> SIZE <size>
45. How do you resize a data file?
ALTER DATABASE DATAFILE <datafile_name> RESIZE <new_size>;
46. What view would you use to look at the size of a data file?
47. What view would you use to determine free space in a tablespace?
48. How would you determine who has added a row to a table?
Turn on fine grain auditing for the table.
49. How can you rebuild an index?
ALTER INDEX <index_name> REBUILD;.
50. Explain what partitioning is and what its benefit is.
Partitioning is a method of taking large tables and indexes and splitting them into smaller, more manageable pieces.
51. You have just compiled a PL/SQL package but got errors, how would you view the errors?
52. How can you gather statistics on a table?
The ANALYZE command.
53. How can you enable a trace for a session?
Use the DBMS_SESSION.SET_SQL_TRACE or
(Continued on next part...)